Participation for Schools and Independent Students
Fill out the form below and return by email to Matt. You may a check to: Music-COMP, 4541 VT Route 100 Duxbury, VT 05676 or use the payment button below. All Students must return the Mentoring Permission Form with a parent/guardian signature to post works in our password protected online mentoring website.
Annual membership fee for 2019-2020 School Year is $75
Music-COMP partners with MusicFirst, the premiere music classroom and cloud based learning tool, to offer significant discounts to Vermont Music-COMP member schools.
• The ability to connect your students with professional composer mentors. Our mentor pool includes composers from VT and across the country that are amazing musicians and dedicated educators.
• Live performance opportunities with professional musicians and local ensembles. In addition to our annual state-wide Opus concert where we premiere 25-30 new works from students in grades 3-12, we also have a number of partnerships with different organizations. Our students work with the Vermont Symphony, Vermont Philharmonic, Vermont Youth Orchestra, Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival and more!
• Our students are regular heard on VPR classical as part of their Student Composer Showcase.
• A fantastic deal on educational software through MusicFirst. Their online classroom is specifically designed for music teachers, and unparalleled. You can also receive deals on Noteflight, Practice First, Sight Reading Factory, Auralia, Groovy Music, and many other programs.
• Opportunities for workshops with visiting composers. In the past few years, these have included Grammywinning composer Joan Tower and David Ludwig, composition teacher and Dean of Artistic Programs at the Curtis Institute of Music.
• Curriculum and technical support for all your creative and composition activities in the classroom, as well as an option to have a visit from one of our professional composer mentors.
• Resources for composition developed over the past 20 years by Music-COMP
Your membership allows you to take advantage of all the Music-COMP resources and help your students realize their musical creativity. This can take many forms, from participation in Opus, to independent projects, to individual students who need feedback on their compositions from professional composers, to composition projects in your AP theory class. We're here to help! Responsibilities of participating teachers: - Complete information requested by our project evaluators or executi