Creativity in Soundtrap, Remote Course
In this hands-on course, we will learn a variety of skills within the Soundtrap platform that allows our students to think outside the box and see themselves not only as performers but also as producers, composers, and storytellers. Participants will experience each lesson as both the student and teacher as they learn skills, record, and edit their work before writing lesson plans suited to their own individual teaching situation.
Instructor: Stefanie Weigand, firstname.lastname@example.org
October 18 - November 19, 2021 (Remote)
Cost: $600 for graduate credit, $475 for PD/Workshop credit
Learning Objectives and Topics Covered
● Soundtrap fundamentals and training. While we will be using some of Soundtrap’s unique features, like video collaboration, many of the topics covered are transferable to any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
● Integrating Noteflight → Soundtrap in order to learn repertoire; folding in multiple skills at once (both technical and performance-based)
● Recording/Creating rounds and other short songs
● Curriculum Integration: discovering how Soundtrap works with your current curriculum and how you can also use it to expand your teaching and learning.
● Lesson plans for all grade levels: many of these projects can be adapted for any grade level depending on the type of repertoire you use and how you scaffold each lesson.
● Creating electronic music projects that include live recording: thinking outside the box past notated music and text.